These are crazy, crazy times! There’s so much uncertainty and unknowns that come with the coronavirus. We’re all stressed and scared and anxious. I mean every time my kid’s cough I’m like why are you coughing? Do you feel OK? Can you breathe?!😳
One thing I’d like to try and do is bring a positive attitude, maybe some humor, and of course, give you plenty of ideas of things to do at home with those kiddos while you’re quarantined. Let’s do our best to not let this effect our kids negatively. Let them remember this time at home as being fun and happy!
I truly hope by April this all blows over and we can go back to our normal lives. Please stay home, stay healthy, and remember we need to do this together.
With that being said, here’s a list of things to do at home with those precious babies!
20 Things To Do At Home With Your Kids
1.Letter Safari – Hide letters around the house and have your child search for them. When they find a letter have then say the name, the letter sound, and say a word that starts with that letter. You can hide letter blocks or write letters down on a piece of paper for this.
2. String beads or circle cereal on a pipe cleaner or string. You could turn this into a bracelet or necklace for a friend or family member!
3. Draw a map. Add roads, bridges, and houses on the map.
4. Hide toys or treats around the house. Draw a treasure map to help your child look for the objects.
5. Make SLIME
6. Make a sticker collage
7. Do some age-appropriate puzzles together.
8. Do Yoga – I recently found Cosmic Kids Yoga on YouTube and it’s great!
9. Make shapes or letters with sticks (Popsicle sticks, tooth picks, etc.)
10. Make OOBLECK
11. Read, read, read! After reading, reflect on the book. Talk about the setting, the characters, the problem and solution.
12. Practice writing letters and numbers on an easel.
13. Get outside (maybe just in your yard) and search for some rocks. Bring them inside and sort them by size, color, etc. Then paint them!
14. Bake cookies together
15. Water play! Depending on the weather, put a water bin outside or get in the tub and put scoops, bowls, droppers, and sponges in the water to play with.
16. Have a dance party!
17. Build a fort and read books by flashlight. Maybe even spend the night in your fort! 😉
18. Play with sidewalk chalk outside and make a Hopscotch
19. Make a card for a friend or family member
20. Use scissors and cut up a newspaper or coupons.
I hope you find these ideas helpful and fun! From fine motor to gross motor, art to math, I think I have you covered for the next couple weeks. Have fun and stay healthy, mamas! Please share this with your mama friends stuck inside with their toddlers and preschoolers!
Check out my Pinterest for even more ideas and make sure to give me a follow!